Bodacious Borracho Beans
These Bodacious Borracho Beans make your home smell so good....and these beans are prepared to have a party in your mouth. Oh yeah, I just said that.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: TexMex / Mexican
- 1 lb of dried pinto beans
- 4 cups of water
- 1 pound of salt pork
- 2 jalapeno peppers, rough chop
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, rough chop
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons of salt (or more to taste)
- 1 bottle of Mexican beer (we like Dos Equis)
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients and simmer for about 3 hours, stir every once in a while..just make sure they don't stick and burn on the bottom of the pot.