This Mexican-Style Grill Corn recipe is absolutely one of our most favorite dishes that we have ever posted on H2FaL. I know that’s a bold statement, but wait until you try this for yourself; you’ll understand what we mean.
We just love firing up our grill when fresh corn is at its peak, and the flavor of the sweet corn matched against the tang and slightest most touch of heat is unbeatable.
This is grilling utopia.
MEXICAN-STYLE GRILLED CORN IS ONE OF THE VERY BEST THINGS SUMMER HAS TO OFFER
And this Mexican-Style Grilled Corn is so simple to make. And talk about an impressive presentation.
Sit back, watch, laugh…and see how easy it is to make this incredible summertime sensation!
Fresh corn is one of Mother Nature’s most perfect gifts to us. So incredibly flavorful and abundant and versatile for so many different dishes.
Fresh corn, or maize, has been integral part of civilizations for thousands of years.
Its history is intriguing, and even somewhat mysterious. Read this fascinating article on The Ancestry of Corn from the New York Times.
Taking the nearly perfect cob of corn, and then amping up the taste by placing on a nice hot and smoky grill is sublime.
But let me tell you, wait until you taste the Mexican cream sauce that goes with this incredible Mexican-Style Grilled Cream Corn. That combined with Cotija cheese, lime and cilantro…oh, yes.
HOW TO PREPARE MEXICAN-STYLE GRILLED CORN
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn is easy to prepare. We love to place the corn directly on the grill with the husk and silk still in place.
This keeps the corn kernels insulated from the direct heat and produces the juiciest corn on the cob you can possibly imagine.
Then, for the last 5 to 8 minutes of grilling (with the help of heat-resistant gloves), pull back the husks, quickly remove the silk, and place back on the grill to lightly char a few of the kernels.
Talk about building a true taste sensation!
THE HISTORY OF MEXICAN-STYLE GRILLED CORN
This Mexican-Style Street Corn recipe is a very popular street food all across one of our most favorite places in the world: Mexico!
Learn more about Mexico’s Amazing Street Food by eater.com.
We just love to grab the corn by the stem and dig in. This grilled corn is literally exploding with incredible flavor.
The smoky flavor from the grill is incredible. The sweetness of the corn is beyond description. The tanginess of the sauce as it melts into the hot corn is heavenly.
Trust us, make this at your next outdoor BBQ, and you will 100% be the superhero of the day.
It’s that good.
If you’re interested in more authentic Mexican recipes, you should try these classic dishes:
MEXICAN CUISINE IS DEEP IN HISTORY, CULTURE, AND TASTE
Have we mentioned how much we love this Mexican-Style Grilled Corn recipe?
Mexican food is our hands-down most favorite type of cuisine in the world, and this dish is always pushing it’s way to the top of our list of all-time favorites.
You gotta try this Mexican-Style Grilled Corn!
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn
- 4 ears fresh corn (husks and silk in tact)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, or creme fraiche, or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled (substitute: Pecorino Ramano, or Parmesan)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, or more (to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Prepare your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Mexican crema (or creme friache or sour cream), mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the cheese, cayenne, lime juice, and salt.
- Cook corn in husks on grill for about 12 minutes, until husks have begun to char.
- Wearing heat-resistant gloves, remove the corn from the grill, pull back the husks and discard of the silk. Place back on the grill for about 8 minutes, until kernels are browned in spots, turning occasionally.
- Remove corn from grill and place on a platter.
- Brush with the cream mixture all over the corn while still hot.
- Sprinkle all over with salt, a little more cayenne, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve at once.