This is, hands down, one of mine and the Loon’s favorite dishes. Summer doesn’t get much better than this. Eat and be happy.
Jalapeno Sweet Creamed Corn
- 8 ears eafresh white corn on the cob
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp crumbled queso fresco
- Fresh tomatoes chopped (for garnish)
- Parsley chopped (for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Arrange corn, leaving husks on, in a single layer, in a single layer in roasting.
- Bake until kernels are soft, 30 minutes.
- Cool corn, then husk and cut kernels from the cob.
- Place the cream in a medium saute pan and heat until reduced to about a cup.
- In a separate large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and jalapeno and saute until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add the corn and stir until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with queso fresco.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and parsley.
- Serve piping hot.