Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad is so good. It’s perfect for a BBQ or a side for almost any meal. And it’s super easy. It’s vegetarian and full of flavor. During Summer months, get fresh sweet corn from the farmer’s stand, grill, and cut off the kernels….so good! Otherwise, corn from the store will do just fine.
Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad
- 2 cups grilled corn, cut off the cob or frozen, completely thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 15.5 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Rinse onions in cold water, this removes a bit of the acidic flavor. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add the beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Add cilantro and toss again.