Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad is so good. It’s perfect for a BBQ or a side for almost any meal. And it’s super easy. It’s vegetarian and full of flavor. During Summer months, get fresh sweet corn from the farmer’s stand, grill, and cut off the kernels….so good! Otherwise, corn from the store will do just fine.
Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad
- 2 cups of fresh grilled and then sliced off cob or frozen (and then thawed) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 cups of canned cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup of cilanto chopped
Rinse onions in cold water, this removes a bit of the acidic flavor. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
Add the beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until well coated.
Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
Add cilantro and toss again.
Serve and enjoy!