Nothing spells Summer much more than a good outdoor BBQ. And the best BBQ’s have amazing side dishes. This Cajun Pasta Salad recipe is one of our all-time favorites.
There is a slight kick to this pasta salad, but it’s a good kick!. The flavors compliment each other so well. You and your guests will keep coming back for mosr of the amazing Cajun Pasta Salad recipe!
100% Loon Approved!
Cajun Pasta Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp good-quality olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup shallots finely minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce ie, Tobasco, Crystals
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta and cook for 9 minutes, until tender.
Drain in colander and rinse with cool water.
Transfer to a large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, to thin slightly.
Adjust seasonings, to taste.
Add the macaroni and mix.
Top with chopped parsley.