I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…FRESH IS BEST. Guacamole is the perfect example of why you don’t really need to mess with what Mother Nature has given us. It’s real simple. A few ingredients, and you have an incredibly delicious dish. Fresh Guacamole. So good! A molcajete makes it so much easier, and truly will give you fresh guacamole taste even that much better. Ole!
Watch Kris and Wesley make fresh guacamole and then see the recipe below to make it yourself!
- 2 Haas avocados peeled and pits removed
- 1 small tomato; cored seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion or shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno finely diced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Couple dashes of hot sauce
- Juice of one lime
Scoop the avocado flesh out with a spoon. Add to a molcajete, or a medium bowl.
Add in the remaining ingredients.
Mash with the back of two forks, or a pestle, to the consistency you like.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve with corn tortilla chips.