One of our favorite things about going to a great Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant is the salsa with warm tortilla chips that are brought to you just as you are seated.
Doesn’t get much better than that!
MAKING RESTAURANT-QUALITY SALSA AT HOME IS EASY!
This is so good. You’re gonna love it. This is as good as any restaurant salsa…we promise! Ole!
Watch us show you how easy it is to prepare this wonderful salsa!
If you want to get even deeper flavor, grab a couple fresh tomatoes and jalapeños and either roast them in your oven or cast-iron skillet. Then, add them (in place of the canned tomatoes and fresh peppers) to the food processor.
No matter how you do it, you will love this salsa!
We love putting this salsa on our homemade Tex-Mex Beef Tacos!
This Restaurant-Quality Salsa is so simple to make, it’s almost a crime if you don’t give it a shot!
You won’t be disappointed!
NOTE: We are constantly tasting and updating recipes. We have made a couple minor adjustments to the seasonings since this video was filmed.
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, with juice San Marzano are best
- 2 cans Ro-tel (tomatoes with peppers) we use 1 can mild, 1 can original
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (use more, if desired)
- 1 lime juiced, about 1 tbsp
- Place all ingredients in large food processor (or blender). This can also be done in batches if using a smaller processor.
- Pulse to get desired consistency. We like our still with some tomatoes chunks left. This usually takes about 10 pulses.
- Taste with a tortilla chip and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge, preferably for at least 1 hour, or longer.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips!