Tuna Melt. This is truly is amazing. We mean, amazing.
It, of course, all starts with the Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe, and then the sky is the limit for this iconic sandwich.
It just doesn’t get much better than this.
HOW TO MAKE AN AMAZING TUNA MELT AT HOME
Making the world’s best tuna melt is actually easier than you might think.
And you can make the tuna salad up to several days in advance! Heck, you’ll want to have one of these incredible sandwiches every day of the week!
Now let us show you how easy it is to make this truly Amazing Tuna Melt recipe!
We even show you how to make the Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe!
Did we mention how amazing the Best-Ever Tuna Salad is? Well, we’re not kidding when we tell you it is truly the best ever! Just look at all that yummy-ness!
After you’ve made the Best-Ever Tuna Salad, all you need is some nice thick bread slices (sourdough is wonderful), good ole cheddar cheese, a couple sliced tomatoes, and a hot skillet with some butter.
Of all the American-born sandwiches, this one is right there at the top of our list as pure delicious!
So flavorful and just so comforting!
There is just something so undeniably comforting about this sandwich. It’s been warming hearts for generations.
And this particular recipe takes it over the top. You’re going to love making this Amazing Tuna Melt recipe!
And if you love this incredible sandwich, we’re pretty sure you will absolutely love our recipes for Incredible Lobster Roll, Fried Catfish Po-Boy, BLT with Fried Oysters, Italian Tuna and White Bean Salad and Pan Bagnat!
But in the meantime, you’ve just got to make this Amazing Tuna Melt.
Now, let’s make this Amazing Tuna Melt recipe!
Amazing Tuna Melt
- 2 cups Best-Ever Tuna Salad click for recipe
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread 1/4" thick
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smear butter over one side of each bread slice
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium high heat and add remaining butter.
- Meanwhile, build the sandwiches by starting with 1 bread slice, buttered side down. Add 1 slice of cheese, then about 1/2 cup of the tuna salad, then 1 or 2 slices tomato, a pinch of salt and pepper, another slice of cheese, and another slice of bread, buttered side on top. Repeat to build 4 sandwiches.
- Carefully add 1 or 2 sandwiches into the hot skillet. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until toasted on the bottom, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve at once.