This Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe is sure to be a H2FaL fan favorite. Our Best-Ever Chicken Salad has broken all kinds of records. It’s just so delicious, and trust us, we’ve tweaked the Tuna Salad recipe to make sure it’s just as good as the chicken salad. Wow…is it good.
Watch us show y0u how easy it is to make what truly is the Best-Ever Tuna Salad!
Watch, laugh…and get ready to make this Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe!
Use a good-quality canned tuna pack in water, not oil. After you drain the tuna, lightly flake it so it’s nice and chunky!
And then the dill, capers and dried cranberries bring such an amazing flavor and texture to the salad, you will just love it.
People who have even told us they’re not fans of capers, absolutely love how all the ingredients work together for this incredible tuna salad.
This Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe is great as a salad on a bed of greens, and it is spectacular on fresh bread, or in a pita. Double or triple the recipe and it is literally one of the best salads you could ever serve at a shower, birthday party and special occasion.
It’s all in the ingredients with this salad. This salad isn’t heavy on the mayo, and relies on the other ingredients to bring the salad to life. It’s just the best ever!
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 5 oz. cans of quality albacore tuna in water (we love Wild Planet), drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 3.5 oz. jar of non-parielle capers, drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (start with ½ teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the red onions in a small bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 15 minutes, and then drain.
- In a large bowl, add the drained tuna, pickled onions, cranberries, celery, capers, dill and parsley.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper (add the salt in ½ teaspoon increments, to taste).
- Add the mayo mixture to the tuna mixture, and using a large wooden spoon, stir the salad to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving. (Can be prepared 24 hours in advance of serving).
- Serve on a bed of greens or as sandwiches.