I’ve been making this curried chicken salad for many years. The Loon flips his wig (yes, his wig) every time I make this for him. Serve it on a bed of Boston lettuce, or better yet, serve on lightly toasted pumpernickel bread. Wow, oh wow. This is good. You will love this as much as The Loon does!
Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 split chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion chopped (about a cup)
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup of seedless red grapde halved
- 1 cup of salted roasted cashews roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Rub the chicken pieces with oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken into large bit-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, onion, mango, grapes, and cashews.
- Stir gently.