These Cross Hatch Sweet Potato Chips are so awesome and flavorful in their simplicity. The Loon and I feel like we’re at a really cool gastro pub when we make these. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as Kickin’ Remoulade Sauce, or Honey Mustard, or Homemade Ranch. Trust me, these are easy to make, and you’ve heard the phrase “you can’t just eat one”….well, to quote the Loon “these things are addictive…I can’t stop eating them!!” They are definitely Loon Approved.
Watch us show you how easy it is to make Cross Hatch Sweet Potato Chips and even the Kickin’ Remoulade…then see the full recipe below!
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes (or yams)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, or a deep fryer, to 350 F
- Peel the potatoes
- Turn your mandolin to the cross hatch, waffle, setting
- Using the protective handle/cover, swipe the spud down the mandolin
- Discard the first slice
- Turn the spud 90 degrees, and swipe down the mandolin...you'll now have your first waffle fry.,
- Repeat until all potatoes are sliced
- Quickly fry in batches...only about 60 to 90 seconds, until fries are starting to turn a little brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Immediately sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as Kickin' Remoulade Sauce