This Maple Pepper Bacon recipe is a keeper. We love making a huge batch of this at the holidays. The Loon nibbles on them day in, day out. (So do I).
There is just something irresistible about the combination of bacon, maple and a little kick from the freshly ground black pepper.
Bake these babies in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet and clean up couldn’t be easier. Everybody loves bacon, right? Well, enhancing the flavor with pure maple syrup and black pepper takes bacon to new culinary heights!
Now, go ahead and make Maple Pepper Bacon! You’ll be very happy that you did!
- 1 lb thick slab smoked Applewood bacon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (or foil, or use a rack).
- Place the bacon in an even row on the baking sheets.
- Bake in
ovenfor 15 to 20 minutes. (Bacon won't be fully cooked, yet).
- Remove from oven and place partially cooked bacon on 2 new sheets of parchment. Discard the used parchment and place the new back on the baking sheets.
- Brush the syrup all over the bacon strips, and then sprinkle pepper all over.
- Return to the oven for another 15 minutes, until darkened and fully cooked.
- Serve at once, or keep warm in a 225F oven.