When you make this Heavenly Huevos Rancheros recipe…there will be no breakfast/brunch joint that will have anything on you. They are that GOOD.
And we’re not kidding when we say heavenly!!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this iconic breakfast / brunch dish!
I mean, just look at that incredible Ranchero Sauce! It’s just begging to go on some eggs and a lightly fried corn tortilla!
And did we mention how wonderful it is when served with some incredible Easy Gourmet Refried Beans?
Just look at those BEANS!
But the real star of this dish is the Heavenly Huevos Rancheros!
Brunch just got a whole lot better!!
Now, make some Heavenly Huevos Rancheros!
Heavenly Huevos Rancheros
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- In a saucepan, warm the ranchero sauce over low heat.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat, until the oil is shimmering.
- One at a time, fry the tortillas just until they begin to crisp, about 30 to 40 seconds (they don't need to be crunchy). Carefully flip after about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Overlap 2 tortillas on each serving plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Discard the oil in the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Crack 4 of the eggs into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the white are set, about 2 minutes for sunny-side-up eggs.
- Transfer 2 eggs, per serving (1 per each tortillas) to the plates.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
- For each serving, spoon about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the warm Ranchero Sauce over the eggs.
- Top with the queso fresco, and sprinkle over some cilantro.
- Serve immediately, with the refried beans on the side.