This recipe comes from one of my favorite chefs, Donald Link.
The flavor of this salad is so satisfying. The touch of curry may sound odd, but, it gives a depth to this salad that makes it one of our all-time favorites. Making homemade curry powder is easy and so wonderful!
HOW TO MAKE CARROT AND RAISIN SALAD
You really will be surprised at how easy it is to make this carrot salad.
The dressing is simple, and as mentioned, the hint of curry is the perfect match against the sweet raisins and the flavorful carrots.
Store-bought curry is perfectly fine, but, honestly, there are so many types of curry powder, when you make your very own, you know exactly what you’re getting.
HOW TO SHRED CARROTS
You can absolutely purchase pre-shredded carrots for this salad, but why not go with fresh, whole carrots to start with?
We use the shredding attachment on our food processor to shred them in no time at all.
Carrots are so nutritious and really, really delicious. But we probably didn’t need to tell you that!
Perfect for a picnic or BBQ. Oh, and making your own curry powder takes it to another level. Click below in the recipe for a homemade curry powder recipe.
This salad is a combination of bright, beautiful flavors.
But the real star of this dish is Bugs Bunny’s favorite food of all time!
If you like this salad, you will also love our Roasted Roasted Beet with Burrata Cheese Salad!
Now, go and make this incredible Carrot and Raisin Salad recipe! You and your loved ones will be very happy that you did!
Carrot and Raisin Salad
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder (click here for recipe)
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb carrots peeled and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups good-quality raisins
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the curry, salt, cayenne, and lemon juice. Fold in the carrots, raisins, and parsley.
- Refrigerate for an hour or up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to develop.