This Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast recipe is absolutely one of our all-time favorite dishes. It’s good on so many levels. It combines all of our favorite savory breakfast tastes…all in one pan!
This Skillet Breakfast is so wonderful and so simple to prepare!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast!
This is a fun recipe to make…get the kids involved! If the Loon can do it, anyone can!!
How can you go wrong with a breakfast casserole that’s loaded with amazing buttermilk biscuits. Of course, making them from scratch is wonderful, but store-bought will work nicely here, too.
Mmmmm…don’t you just love the smell of freshly baked biscuits?
And tomatoes add such a burst of flavor.
Cherry tomatoes work perfectly. Little balls of deliciousness.
And they add such beautiful color, too.
All right, let’s keep adding in flavor! Let’s keep making this over-the-top delicious Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast!
How about some cheese, please!!
And then of course, the quintessential breakfast ingredient…farm fresh eggs!
Don’t you just love now they are nestled into their own little breakfast nests?
Yes!! And if this looks to you (and we know it does!)…you’ll also love our Tex-Mex Breakfast Casserole!
Now, go ahead and make this wonderful Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast recipe!
You and your family will gobble this right up! Yum!
Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast
- 1 lb ground breakfast pork sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuits crumbled, store-bought or homemade
- 1 1/12 cups sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a sturdy skillet (preferably cast iron), cook the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned and the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a large bowl.
- Add crumbled biscuits, cheese, tomatoes, sage, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Transfer back to skillet
- Make 6 indentions (using the handle of a long spoon works well) in the sausage mixture, and break an egg into each indention.
- Bake until eggs have just set, approx. 25 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for fully-cooked egg yolks).
- Serve at once and enjoy!
One of the most delicious breakfast recipes I have found.
You must made us so happy!! We love this skillet breakfast, too! So glad you enjoyed it! Please stay in touch! Best, Kris & Wesley
OH MY GOSH! This is so incredibly delicious! I stumbled on your site a couple days ago and have been drooling over your recipes, and loving your videos! This is the first recipe I have tried and it is AMAZING! I will be making this for my family for Christmas Breakfast! I will be making your Queso, Artichoke Dip and Chicken salad for my son’s birthday party this weekend and I know they will all be a hit! Thanks for a easy and BEYOND delicious recipe and for making me smile with your videos:)
Oh wow, Joy!! We are so glad you found us and we’re even more glad that we found YOU!! And we’re thrilled you loved this skillet breakfast, too! It’s one of our all-time favorites!! Hoping the dips and chicken salad are huge hits for you! Please let us know and do stay in touch!! All the best, Kris & Wesley 🙂