This Roasted Asparagus, Sesame, and Chopped Egg Salad recipe is a celebration that spring has arrived! We love spring for so many reasons, but one of them is that beautiful asparagus is in season and always so bountiful!
Set this dish on your table and you are sure to impress.
I’ve always roasted my asparagus with a little sesame oil and a dash of salt and pepper, and to us, that was perfect!
But for an even more beautiful presentation, and delicious taste, I created a simple vinaigrette of top-notch extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and toasted sesame seeds. This brought the eggs and asparagus to another level of taste.
I can’t express enough how important it is to have a good-quality certified bottle of EVOO when you are preparing a dish such as this.
The addition of hard-boiled eggs (which I easily cooked in my Instant Pot) was just perfect.
Tossing the roughly chopped egg in the vinaigrette brightened their flavor even more.
You can never go wrong with a little egg!
We really love cooking fresh new asparagus on the stove top and skipping the boiling step and then having to plunge in an ice bath.
Resist overcooking them, you want a little bite to them. If you overcook, they’ll become mushy and not as tasty.
Asparagus…what a beautiful thing you are!
Go ahead and have your eggs cooked, cooled and roughly chopped ahead of time. The marinade comes together in a matter of a minute or two.
You’ll want to serve this dish soon after it comes off the stove, so plan accordingly!
So beautiful and delicious!
Again, we can’t express enough how much this salad truly delights us. The Loon says its one of his all-time favorite side-dishes.
The sesame adds a nice toasty flavor, and the excellent EVOO and lemon juice bring the asparagus and chopped eggs to life!
Now, grab some beautiful asparagus from your local market (or quality produce provider) and make this amazing Roasted Asparagus, Sesame, and Chopped Eggs Salad recipe!
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons quality extra-virgin olive oil (we recommend Rancho Azul y Oro)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (can also used olive oil)
- 1 lb thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Place the chopped, cooked eggs in a medium bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper, and then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over them, and gently toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted and starting to foam a little, add the asparagus in a single layer.
- Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper and add the smoked paprika.
- Cook until the asparagus is tender and has just started to brown, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately place on a serving platter.
- Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the them and top with the eggs.
- Serve at once and ENJOY!