Roasted Asparagus with Chopped Eggis a celebration that spring has arrived! We love spring for so many reasons, but one of them is that beautiful asparagus is in season and always so bountiful!
Set this dish on your table and you are sure to impress.
How To Make Roasted Asparagus with Chopped Egg
This is one of the most versatile, easy, and elegant side dishes we’ve ever made!
And you won’t believe the “oohs” and “ahhs” you’ll get when you place it on the table!
For a beautiful presentation and delicious taste, a simple vinaigrette of top-notch extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and toasted sesame seeds is absolutely wonderful. This brought the eggs and asparagus to another level of taste.
The addition of hard-boiled eggs is the perfect addition.
Tossing the roughly chopped egg in the vinaigrette brightens their flavor even more.
You can never go wrong with a little egg!
We really love cooking fresh new asparagus on the stovetop and skipping the boiling step and then having to plunge in an ice bath.
Resist overcooking them, you want a little bite to them. If you overcook, they’ll become mushy and not as tasty.
Asparagus…what a beautiful thing you are!
Go ahead and have your eggs cooked, cooled, and roughly chopped ahead of time. The marinade comes together in a matter of a minute or two.
You’ll want to serve this dish soon after it comes off the stove, so plan accordingly!
So beautiful and delicious!
Again, we can’t express enough how much this salad truly delights us. The Loon says it’s one of his all-time favorite side-dishes.
The sesame adds a nice toasty flavor, and the excellent EVOO and lemon juice bring the asparagus and chopped eggs to life!
Now, grab some beautiful asparagus from your local market (or quality produce provider) and make this amazing Roasted Asparagus with Chopped Egg recipe!
And when you do, be sure to take a photo of it, post it on Instagram, and tag @HowToFeedaLoon and hashtag #HowToFeedaLoon!
Roasted Asparagus with Chopped Egg
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp xtra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 lemon juice, about 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Place the chopped, cooked eggs in a medium bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper, and then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over them, and gently toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted and starting to foam a little, add the asparagus in a single layer.
- Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper and add the smoked paprika.
- Cook until the asparagus is tender and has just started to brown, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately place on a serving platter.
- Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over the them and top with the eggs.
POST UPDATE: This recipe was originally published in April 2018, but was updated with improved tweaks to the recipe, new tips and photography, and a fabulous new video in March 2021!