How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots are braised in pure maple syrup, along with shallots, butter, black pepper, a pinch of salt, and finished with fresh parsley.
These carrots are incredible.
Just so good.
Cut the carrots into uniform ‘sticks’ for a beautiful presentation.
And be sure to use good quality maple syrup!
Comfort at its best and the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving and holiday table. 135% Loon Approved!
Maple Braised Carrots
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 cups carrots peeled, cut into 1/4 'match sticks'
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 & 1/2 tsp good maple syrup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Over medium heat, in a large frying pan with a nice, tight fitting lid, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until coated..about 3 minutes
- Add the carrots to the pan and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat to high
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the carrots and add the chicken broth...liquid should come to about half way up the carrot sticks (add more stock, if necessary)
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-high, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced by half and the carrots are amazingly tender...and have a nice shiny glaze...about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish...and garnish with parsley