Oh, this Seared Scallops with Asparagus recipe is just wonderful. It’s so, so good.
This is one of those show-stopper dishes that also comes together in about 30 to 40 minutes. Just incredible.
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this incredible Seared Scallops with Asparagus recipe.
Get ready to get hungry…
Of course, it all starts with beautiful scallops. We just love using the large sea scallops. They are absolutely perfect for searing, and are even healthy for you in that they are low in calories and an extremely healthy source of protein.
But beyond that…they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
There are not a lot of ingredients in this incredible dish, but the simplicity is what makes it shine. The asparagus pairs perfectly with the scallops. And the sauce? Oh….the sauce.
Olive oil, white wine, white wine vinegar, and butter. With a dash of salt and pepper.
Simple, but oh so good.
And asparagus is so flavorful and only needs a bit a sauce to compliment the taste and texture.
The flavor profile and texture of this dish is truly spectacular. And makes a gorgeous presentation when served.
Simple, yet so wonderful.
SAUTEEING SCALLOPS ONLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES
Scallops can be prepared numerous ways. From stir-frying, to deep frying, to baking, or our favorite: Searing. Cook them over medium-high heat just until they start to brown on each side.
And oh yes, the sauce. The sauce.
A thing of beauty without a doubt!
This dish has honestly been a favorite in our house for years, and every time we serve to guests, they can’t stop raving about it.
The scallops are so buttery melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and the asparagus is cooked until just tender and they are both complimented with the amazing pan wine and butter sauce.
Oh my, this dish is so good.
Okay, hopefully this has been enough to convince you to go make this awesome Seared Scallops with Asparagus recipe!
You’re gonna love it!! We promise!
Seared Scallops with Asparagus
Gently seared sea scallops in a lovely white wine butter sauce with asparagus is simply amazing. And easy to make! This is a show-stopper of a meal that comes together in about 30 minutes.
- 1 lb of asparagus ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1.5 lb large sea scallops
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cut into 4 pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the asparagus, stirring every now and then, until tender...about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a plate. Don't clean out the skillet.
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle with the pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Saute half of scallops, flipping once, until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes total.
- Transfer the scallops to another plate, as they are cooked.
- Wipe out skillet, and add the remaining oil, and repeat with the remaining uncooked scallops. Once cooked, transfer to plate (don't wipe out skillet this time).
- Carefully add the wine and vinegar to the skillet and boil, scraping up browned bits, until the sauce has reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Add any scallop juices that have accumulated on the plate and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time, until incorporated.
- Add asparagus and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook for about another minute.
- Serve scallops topped with asparagus and sauce.