We just love sauteed spinach, tender chicken, and top-notch Parmesan cheese. Throw in shallots, garlic, chicken stock and some lemon…and you’ll just die for this Fantastic Chicken Florentine!
Fantastic Chicken Florentine
This Fantastic Chicken Florentine is so incredibly delicious. Don't you just love sauteed spinach, and Parmesan cheese. Mixed in with good chicken stock, lemon zest, and a touch of cream. Oh, yes.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 12 ounces (about 12 cups) of baby spinach
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1¼ cups of chicken stock
- 1½ cups of water
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of good-quality grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally,until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to colander and press with a large spoon to release excess liquid.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels and then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a clean plate.
- Add shallot and garlic to skillet and cook for about 1 minute, or until soft.
- Stir in stock, water, and cream, scraping up any browned bits, and bring to a boil., then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Return chicken to the skillet and simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to clean plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- Increase heat to high and simmer sauce until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in ¼ cup of Parmesan and lemon zest and juice.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat broiler to high.
- Slice chicken breasts to ½-inch pieces.
- Place spinach over chicken and pour sauce over spinach.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes, or less (keep a close eye!!)
- Serve and enjoy!