This Baked Ham with Bourbon Honey Glaze is one of our all-time favorite meals of the year. Absolutely perfect for Easter, or any other special dinner you want to share with loved ones.
The really great thing about this dish is that it is so easy, yet so incredible on flavor. Go the extra distance, and spend a little more for a super quality bone-in ham. We love D’Artagnan (www.dartagnan.com).
Click below to watch us make this incredible ham, and see the recipe below. Have a wonderful Easter, or special occasion with family, friends, and loved ones. And get ready for AMAZING leftovers!
- 1 cup bourbon
- ½ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup molasses (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 15 lb cured smoked bone-in ham, trimmed
- Pre-heat over to 350 F.
- Whisk bourbon, cider, honey, molasses, brown sugar and mustard in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Set ham on a rack in a large roasting pan and add enough water to fill to ¼" inch.
- Score fat in a crosshatch pattern.
- Brush ham with glaze and roast, basting every 30 minutes with extra glaze. (Tent with foil if browning too quickly, until insta-read thermometer registers 135 F, about 2 hours).
- Transfer ham to cutting board and apply one more coating of glaze.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!