Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is easy to make and is such a bold, flavorful sauce to go on gyros, salads, fish, or use as a wonderful dip. Fresh is always best. And the homemade tzatziki sauce just cannot be beat. 125% Loon Approved.
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- Pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Shred the cucumber with a box cutter, or pulse a few times in a food processor (should yield about 1/2 cup).
Wrap in a towel and squeeze to remove as mush water as possible.
Mix together the shredded cucumber, yogurt, garlic, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.