Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is easy to make and is such a bold, flavorful sauce to go on gyros, salads, fish, or use as a wonderful dip. Fresh is always best. And the homemade tzatziki sauce just cannot be beat. 125% Loon Approved.
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- Pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Shred the cucumber with a box cutter, or pulse a few times in a food processor (should yield about 1/2 cup).
- Wrap in a towel and squeeze to remove as mush water as possible.
- Mix together the shredded cucumber, yogurt, garlic, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.