Our love affair with Asian Cuisine continues, and this Sauteed Baby Bok Choy is as good as your favorite Chinese Restaurant…really!
And the wonderful thing about this dish is that is so simple to make. Just trim the ends off the baby bok choy, and then saute for only a matter a minutes, along with the incredible Asain aromatics (available now in the Asian section of most major supermarkets), and you’ll have authentic Sauteed Baby Bok Chow on your table in no time at all! So good! 100% Loon Approved!
Sauteed Baby Bok Choy
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil*
- 2 tbsp shallot diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes more, if you want a little more heat
- 1 1/2 lbs baby bok choy cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar*
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- White and black sesame seeds for garnish*
- *Available in the Asian section of most supermarkets or at an Asian market
- Heat oils over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, soy sauce, vinegar and stock and cook until soft, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.