Oh, Christmas Crostini with Cannellini Beans, Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomatoes is the perfect appetizer for your holiday feast. Crunchy toasted bread with a hint of garlic, topped with a white bean purée, sauteed spinach and sun-dried tomatoes…is simply wonderful. Merry Christmas!!
Christmas Crostini with Cannellini Beans, Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 16 baguette slices each about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic cut in half
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz CAN cannellini beans drained
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 6 to 7 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
MAKE THE CROSTINI
- Turn your broiler on high.
- Rub one side of each bread slice with the garlic
- Set the bread slices on a baking sheet
- Brush the garlic side with the oil and season with salt.
- Broil until the bead is browned, about 2 minutes (keep an eye on them!)
- Flip and broil the other side 1 minute more.
MAKE THE TOPPING
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook until golden, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Using a large spoon, transfer the garlic and oil to a food processor...leaving about 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and saute, stirring, until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Put the cannellini beans, thyme, and 2 tablespoons of water in the food processor with the oil and garlic.
- Process until smooth, adding another 1 or 2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each toasted bread slice with about a tablespoon of the bean puree.
- Then add a pinch of the sauteed spinach.
- Then two slices of the sun-dried tomatoes, crossing on top.