Ooooh….let me tell you, this Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Dip is so good! These flavors go together perfectly. If you like it even hotter, add some red pepper flakes. This has enough kick to make it zesty, but not so much that it hurts. Serve with pita chips or toasted bread slices. A great dip for a party!! 130% Loon Approved!
Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Dip
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage links casings removed
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1 package 6 oz. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can 15 oz. cannelliini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped (can also use 1 cup chopped tomato)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chips crackers or toasted baguette slices, for serving with dip
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in wine, oregano, salt and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a greased 8-inch square (or 1 1/2 quart) baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the two cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly, and lightly golden on top, 25 minutes.
- Serve with cracker or toasts.