This Incredible Bacon Parmesan Cheese Puffs recipe is so amazing on so many levels. These make the most amazing appetizers or party food. The cheese and the bacon make a delicious savory combination and it all comes together in a pillowy bite of goodness.
I gotta say, these are really additive. It’s impossible to eat just one. Oh, and they are wonderful with a bottle of nice Champagne. Oh, yeah, why not make it really special! These bake and puff into pure perfection!
Wow! Now that’s a good lookin’ cheese puff. Make these, have fun, and enjoy!!
- 4 strips thick-sliced bacon
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1¼ cups bread flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, but not too dark.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and save ¼ cup of the rendered fat.
- Chop the bacon is cool (you should have about ½ cup).
- Bring the milk, ½ cup water, the butter, and the reserved bacon grease to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in the salt, onion powder, sugar, and cayenne.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon very quickly. It will become a sticky dough very quickly. Add a bit more milk if too dry.
- Simmer for about a minute and then remove from heat.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment.
- One at a time, add the eggs, mixing on medium speed until each is incorporated into the dough.
- On low speed, mix in 1 cup of Parmesan and the bacon until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (about 2 inches in diameter), scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Top the puffs with equal amounts of the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve nice and warm and ENJOY!!