Classic Pumpkin Pie, of course, is the ubiquitous dessert served during the holiday season. But we’re here to tell you, it’s delicious year round. But it is true, nothing rounds out an amazing feast than this classic pie.
This pie is deceptively easy to make. I always say to take the extra step and make the pie crust from scratch! It’s so good. No matter what, you can’t go wrong with this Classic Pumpkin Pie recipe. It has been one of the Loon’s favorites for many years. 140% Loon Approved!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this Classic Pumpkin Pie recipe and then see the full recipe below!
Now, go ahead and make the awesome Classic Pumpkin Pie! And enjoy!
- 9-inch Perfect Pie Crust (or store bought)
- FOR THE PIE FILLING:
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cup light cream (or use one 12 oz. can evaporated milk)
- FOR THE CREAM TOPPING:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the Perfect Pie Crust (or use store bought) and place in a lightly greased pie dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin and the eggs until evenly combined.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients, whisk until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell, leaving about ¼-inch of clearance between the top of the filling and the top of the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350 F and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, until the filling is set around the edges, but still soft in the middle (The pie will firm up as it cools).
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool it on a rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by placig a large metal bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Then, remove the bowl and add the cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using a handheld mixer, mix on high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. (this will take about 20 minutes, if using a hand-held mixer).
- Once pie is completely cooled, use a pastry bag to pipe the cream topping onto the pie along the edges. Or use a spoon or spatula to apply over the entire top.
- Serve and enjoy!