This Classic Pecan Pie recipe is what we think is simply the most perfect pecan pie that everyone knows and loves. Nothing spells the holidays more than a deliciously gooey pecan pie, and we really think you should make it extra special by making your own Perfect Pie Crust (click for easy-to-follow recipe).
The ingredients are simple, but come together to make one of the most loved baked pies in the world. The Loon says this is his favorite pie of all time, and judging by the short amount it is before it’s all gone..is a testament to that statement!
I really love including Lyle’s Golden Syrup in this pie. It gives a depth to the pecan pie filling that I think just can’t be beat. If you can’t find Lyle’s at your supermarket (it’s usually stocked alongside the corn syrups, or in the Great Britain section), you can easily and affordably order it right here!
There really is something magical about a good Classic Pecan Pie…and the Classic Pecan Pie recipe delivers the magic, for sure! Truly easy to prepare, but a real show-stopper when it hits the holiday table!
It is truly a thing of beauty! And the taste!! Oh my, it doesn’t get much better than this Classic Pecan Pie!!
And remember, making your own Perfect Pie Crust is easier than you think…and so GOOD!
You know what’s another amazing holiday pie? Classic Pumpkin Pie (click for full recipe)! Watch us make that iconic pie!
Now, let’s make this amazing Classic Pecan Pie!
Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 9-inch single piecrust partially blind baked*
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup <a href="http://Lyle's Golden Syrup 11 Oz Bottles, (2 Pack)" target="_blank">Lyle's golden syrup**
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted 1 stick
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted in a 350F oven for 10 minutes
- 1 cup pecan halves not toasted
- *Place parchment paper on top of the pie dough and add weights dried beans work well and bake in a 400F oven for 10 minutes, then remove weights and let cool.
- **If you can't get Lyle's simply increase to dark and light corn syrups amounts to 1/2 cup each.
Pre-heat the oven to 375F
In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, Lyle's and corn syrups, sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
Stir in the chopped pecans and pour into the baked pie shell.
Arrange the whole pecans on top.
Bake the pie for 45 minutes (the center should look pretty much set).
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
As it cools, the center will sink a little.
Serve warm or at room temp with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.