Spicy Slow-Roasted Brisket has been a favorite dish in our house for many, many years.
Don’t let the title scare you, though. The black pepper gives a little spice to it, but it’s not overly spicy at all. Just incredibly tender and flavorful. Perfect for Sunday dinner!
SPICY SLOW-ROASTED BRISKET IS EASY TO MAKE
We can’t stress enough how simple it is to make this amazingly delicious brisket.
Select a nice looking brisket from your butcher or meat department. Ask the butcher to cut away the fat cap (a layer of fat on the top of the brisket), if it’s still on the meat.
Brisket is normally tough cut of meat, due to the collagen fibers that make up the significant connective tissue in the cut. But, slow-cooking allows the collagen to gelatinize, resulting an extremely tender roast.
CUT SLITS FOR THE GARLIC SLICES
We love to cut little slits in the surface of the meat and insert slices of garlic.
As the brisket slow cooks, the garlic will practically melt into the meat.
Cover the surface of the meat with the black pepper and season with salt. Add extra garlic on the surface, for even more flavor.
Be prepared for your home to smell amazing once you get this dish underway.
We love to set the slow cooker on low…about midnight…and then wake up the next morning to the most amazing delicious smells you can possibly imagine.
HOW TO MAKE A GRAVY FOR THE SPICSY SLOW-ROASTED BRISKETFrench Gratin Potatoes and Maple Braised Carrots…and you’ve got a knock out dinner ready to please!
Spicy Slow-Roasted Brisket
- 3 lb brisket trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard I like Colman's
- Rub cracked pepper, salt and garlic onto roast
- Put roast in slow cooker.
- Make several shallow slits on top of roast with a sharp knife
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingreidents...and then pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove meat to platter
- Strain juice from slow cooker through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add juice to a medium saute pan.
- Make a slurry with 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 1to 2 tablespoons of water...Mix well. Add to the heated juice until slightly thickened.
- Slice meat and serve with sauce.