Spicy Slow-Roasted Brisket
This slow cooked brisket gets a nice kick with lots of crush black pepper and fresh garlic. The soy and Worcestershire sauce really deepen the flavors. Serve with Yukon whipped white cheddar potoates and maple braised carrots...and you will be crowned the town hero.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: American
- 3 lb brisket...trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons of cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard (I like Colman's)
- Rub cracked pepper, salt and garlic onto roast
- Put roast in slow cooker.
- Make several shallow slits on top of roast with a sharp knife
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingreidents...and then pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove meat to platter
- Strain juice from slow cooker through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add juice to a medium saute pan.
- Make a slurry with 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 1to 2 tablespoons of water...Mix well. Add to the heated juice until slightly thickened.
- Slice meat and serve with sauce.