How to Make Gluehwein (Warm Spiced Wine) is a recipe that shows you how to make one of our favorite drinks of all time. It’s so warming and really, really delicious. We absolutely love it, especially during the holidays. Make a double or triple batch for a lovely gathering of friends and family.
Other heart-warming cocktails to try…
But in the meantime, go make this delicious Gluehwien!
How to Make Gluehwein (Warm Spiced Wine)
- 2 bottle of good-quality red wine
- 2 cups water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges - cut into bite-size pieces
- Orange slices for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring it close to a boil.
- For additional taste, cut 2 oranges into bite-size pieces and add to the mixture.
- Let simmer, but do not boil.
- Remove cloves with a strainer, and cinnamon stick before serving.
- Garnish with orange slice.