It’s no secret that I am crazy about chicken wings. I don’t think I’ve ever met a well-prepared chicken wing that I didn’t immediately begin a meaningful relationship with.
But, let me tell you, this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe just about takes the cake.
Watch us show you how easy it is to make these incredible wings!
Watch, laugh…and get ready to make this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe!
These wings are simply incredible. Sometimes I fry them first, to get them really crispy on the outside, and then finish them up in a hot oven for about 15 minutes. But, you can still get delicious crispy (and healthier) wings when you skip the fry, and bake them for about 30 – 40 (ovens vary, so keep an eye on them) hour, flipping them halfway through. However you do them, brace yourself for about the best wings you will ever try.
And of course, we love going with my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe.
The wings are incredible on their own, but dip them into this amazing dressing, and these things go through the roof!
Wow, oh wow. Just look at that wing.
The Loon literally flipped for them. And that is something when the Loon flips. It’s actually kind of scary.
Anyway, let’s get back to this crazy-good recipe!
And if you like these wings, I’m pretty certain you’re going to love Teriyaki Chicken Wings!
But in the meantime, let’s make this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings and wing drumettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce or your favorite wing sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Homemade blue cheese for dipping
- Pat wings and drumettes off with a towel and place in a large bowl
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, thyme, cumin, salt and peer. Stir with a fork until mixed. Pour over the wings.
- Mix until completely coated, then place in a large zipper baggie and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight. (Or, simply cover the bowl with plastic wrap).
- If you are pre-frying the wings: Heat the oil to 350 degrees F (add oil to a deep skillet, or use your deep fryer)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Once oil reaches 350, gently drop the chicken one at a time in. (you'll probably need to fry in two batches). Fry until crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, place the chicken pieces on a baking dish. (The wings won't be fully cooked at this point).
- Place the chicken pieces into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes if pre-fried, if not, bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, add the butter, hot sauce, chicken stock, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper. Add in the fresh garlic. Heat gently for about 15 minutes and slightly reduced.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place in a clean large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and then add the parmesan cheese and remaining herbs.
- Toss well until all wings are coated.
- Place on serving dish.
- Serve with homemade blue cheese