These Bourbon Maple BBQ Chicken Wings are…’off the hook’ (to use a favorite quote from the 90s). Be sure to make the Perfect BBQ Rub (so easy!). And then mix up the bourbon maple BBQ sauce, and then grill to perfection. You will not believe how delicious these babies are. Wow, oh wow…so good. Perfect for a summer BBQ!!
Bourbon Maple BBQ Chicken Wings
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated onion use medium holes on a box cutter
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
MAKE THE BBQ SAUCE
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter to melt.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bourbon, syrup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
MAKE THE WINGS
- Fire up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the wings, oil , vinegar and rub in a large freezer bag, seal, and toss until the wings are completely coated.
- Once grill is ready, add wings to the grill.
- Cook on each side until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
- Slather on the BBQ sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes each per side.
- Remove and serve with remaining BBQ sauce and homemade blue cheese dressing!