This Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce is absolutely the perfect addition to your holiday table. I’ll honestly say I’ve never been a big fan of the canned cranberry sauce. I know lots of people just love it, and I can totally understand that connection. But…I was determined to step the game up a bit and played around with some very simple, yet fresh ingredients.
And I promise you…even if you’re not a fan of cranberry sauce, you’re going to love this recipe. And, what’s better, you can make this a day or two before the big meal. It freezes perfectly, so you can even make it weeks before the big feast.
No matter what, this Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce will become a staple at your Thanksgiving (and beyond) table.
Watch us make this amazing Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce and then see the full recipe below!
Now, go ahead and make Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce!
- 1 12-oz. package of fresh or frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ⅓ cup cranberry juice (not cocktail)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, plus more for garnish
- Combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice, cranberry juice and orange zest in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, just until the cranberries burst, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and continue cooking over lower heat until the juice is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Allow to cool, and then chill in the fridge until ready to serve. It should have a nice jelly-like consistency.
- Garnish with extra orange zest.