This strawberry vinaigrette has the most wonderful flavors, that all work together, in an amazing Asian kind of way, that just bring a zing to any salad. Delicious with sashimi-grade tuna, and goat cheese over baby spinach. Oh yes…make it…it’s easy…and a wonderful mix of tastes.
- 3 large fresh strawberries washed and stems removed
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp mirin found in the Asian section of your super market...or at a Asian grocery store
- 1/2 cup soybean oil or...if you can't find this...go with...1/4 cup of sesame oil and 1/4 cup of good olive oil...OR...just a nice half cup of really good olive oil
- Pat the strawberries with a paper towel.
- Add them to a blender, along with the rice vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard powder and mirin.
- Puree on high until smooth...about 2 minutes
- With the blender still running, slowly add the oil(s) in a steady stream until well blended.
- The vinaigrette can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days