Oh, how we adore this Holiday Chocolate Toffee recipe!
If there was ever a candy that was made for the holiday season, this has got to be right near the top of the list!
I would recommend to double or triple the recipe because these sweet treats go very, very fast!
Just to show you how easy it is to whip up this amazing Holiday Chocolate Toffee recipe, we want to invite you into our kitchen as we make a batch!
We just can’t rave enough about this candy.
This has been a tradition in my family since I was a young child and now, never a Christmas goes by where I don’t make at least 2 batches.
It’s so much fun to watch the chocolate bars melt right on top of the hot toffee.
Then, all that’s left is to wait a bit for it to harden up, and then time to dig in!
Nothing spells the holidays like tins full of wonderful Christmas candy.
Toffee got its start in England in the early 1800’s and has remained a favorite for generations across the globe!
And this Holiday Chocolate Toffee recipe is about as good as they come!
Be sure to leave a few nibbles for Santa!
Now, park the reindeer and get into your kitchen and make this amazing Holiday Chocolate Toffee recipe!
Holiday Chocolate Toffee
- 1 cup or more, to taste almonds, sliced
- 14 tbsp 2 sticks, minus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 9 whole Hershey chocolate bars
- Coarse sea salt
- Spread a piece of foil (about 18 inches long) on a large surface
- Spread the almonds across the foil
- Melt the butter with the sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir until butter/sugar has just turned the color of peanut butter
- Carefully pour the mixture over the almonds
- Place the chocolate bars over the hot toffee
- As the chocolate melts, smear slightly with your fingers or back of a spoon to cover the toffee.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the top.
- Let rest about 20 minutes then place in the refrigerator until hardened, up to 1 hour.
- Cut into pieces and serve in festive holiday tins.