Biscotti with Pistachios and Dried Cherries is just so good. This is so perfect when served after an amazing meal with some espresso, or coffee, or your favorite after-dinner drink. The flavors really work perfectly here! So good. Enjoy!
Biscotti with Pistachios and Dried Cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups salted roasted pistachios, shelled
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Blend on low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and then whisk in the oil, zests, and extracts.
- Add egg mixture to the flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Fold in the cherries and the pistachios.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and divide in half.
- Using floured hands, shape each dough half into a 16" long log.
- Transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet, about 5" apart.
- Flatten each log into a 2" wide strip (about 1/2" - 3/4" tall).
- Bake until lightly browned and set, about 25 minutes...rotate the pan about halfway through.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 250 F.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the biscotti to a work surface.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/3"-thick slices.
- Arrange slices, cut side down, on the baking sheets.
- Bake biscotti until crisp, about 40 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Transfer to wire rack to let cool.