Grilled Chicken Skewers with Alabama White Sauce is truly one of the most delicious things we’ve ever made on the grill.
It’s simple and straightforward, but the smokiness from the grill, the crisp chicken thigh skin and then the rich, tangy Alabama White Sauce…it all comes together to make a snack that will be the hit of your next grilling party!
We love these babies!
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS
These Grilled Chicken Skewers are easy to make and the Alabama White Sauce can be made well in advance.
Watch us show you how easy it is to make these delicious grilled skewers!
We love to get chicken thighs that still have the skin on them and cut the meat off of the bone.
As the skins cooks on the grill, it becomes tantalizingly delicious.
Start off by rubbing a little oil on the cut chicken.
SKIN-ON CHICKEN THIGHS ARE PERFECT FOR GRILLING
After you cut the meat from the bone (be sure to leave some of the skin in tact), simply skewer the meat, add a little oil, and then hit them with some salt and pepper.
Prepare your grill to medium-high indirect heat, and put them on the barbie!
These are such a crowd pleaser!
ALBAMA WHITE SAUCE IS PERFECT FOR GRILLING
Once these go onto the grill, the smell is amazing and then once you start to apply the Alabama White Sauce…forget about it. Learn all about the origins of this amazing sauce here.
You would never think that simply grilling some chicken (with a little skin) could be so over-the-top delicious, but these Grilled Chicken Skewers are one of our all-time favorite summer grilling treats!
They are always the first to go at an outdoor BBQ.
Get ready folks, these Grilled Chicken Skewers with homemade Alabama White Sauce is worth writing home about.
Prepare everything the morning of, or even the evening before, and then just throw on the grill once ready to cook them up.
Grilled Chicken Skewers with White BBQ Sauce
- 16 skewers if wooden, soak in water for 15 mins
- 4 boneless, skin-on, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups White BBQ sauce
- Cut the thighs into thirds or quarters (just so they're all pretty much the same size).
- Weave the strips onto the skewers.
- Brush the chicken with the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your grill to medium.
- When the grill is hot, put the skewers on the grill, skin-side down.
- Grill until the skin is nice and crispy, about 10 -12 minutes.
- Flip the meat and finish cooking on the other side, an additional 3 - 5 minutes.
- Brush the meat with 1/4 cup of the white sauce and char on the grill for about another minute.
- Serve with the remaining sauce for dipping.
Good and simple recipe. Suitable for every person who does not even know how to cook.
Awesome! We are so so happy you had success with the chicken skewers. One of our favorite proteins to serve! Thanks for sharing! Please stay in touch! Kris & Wesley
Wow I got so hungry by simply looking at photos. Very tasty. I love when grilled chicken is juicy. That sauce really helps. And also a grill matters. The best ones to my mind are infrated. My favourite is Char-Broil Grill2Go. I saw a great review on it. Learn MoreThe food is very juicy when you on them.