This Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Scallion Dressing is really refreshing and bursting with wonderful farm-fresh flavors. The dressing is similar to homemade Ranch, but with a twist of fresh scallions. Cooking the beans in stock infuses incredible flavor. Here, we use chicken stock, but feel free to use vegetable stock for a complete vegetarian dish. Amazing!
Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Scallion Dressing
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 large leeks white and pale-green parts only, halved, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup of Scallion-Buttermilk Dressing
In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil.
Carefully add the beans to the stock and cook until just tender about 4 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander set in a bowl of ice water, drain.
Place beans in a large bowl.
Bring the stock back to a boil and then add the leeks and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes, and then drain.
Add the cooked leeks to the bowl of beans and add the cherry tomatoes and olive oil and toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve salad over tomato slices and then drizzle the dressing over the top.
Then top with mint and scallions.