Fried okra. Two words come to mind: Southern. Delicious. I don’t know what else to say. Fried okra is just so amazing. And really, not hard to make!
- 2 lbs okra cut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup corn meal I like the stone ground variety
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs I like the Panko variety
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil to 350 F.
- On a platter, add the flour
- In a bowl, mix the egg and the milk.
- In another bowl, mix the corn meal, bread crumbs, Adobo, onion salt and pepper in a medium bow.
- Dredge the okra in flour.
- Dip into the egg/milk.
- Add to the corn meal/flour mixture.
- Add to the hot oil, fry for about 6 minutes, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.