Fried okra. Two words come to mind: Southern. Delicious. I don’t know what else to say. Fried okra is just so amazing. And really, not hard to make!
This fried okra is yet another Southern classic. So good and so tasty. Serve with your favorite Southern entree (aka Chicken Fried Steak), and you'll be in Heaven!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs okra cut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup corn meal I like the stone ground variety
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs I like the Panko variety
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil to 350 F.
- On a platter, add the flour
- In a bowl, mix the egg and the milk.
- In another bowl, mix the corn meal, bread crumbs, Adobo, onion salt and pepper in a medium bow.
- Dredge the okra in flour.
- Dip into the egg/milk.
- Add to the corn meal/flour mixture.
- Add to the hot oil, fry for about 6 minutes, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.