Easy cheesy toasted garlic bread is just that: Easy. Cheesy. Toasted…and loaded with Garlic (but not too much)! The prep couldn’t be easier. Wonderful for an appetizer before dinner, or a great party snack…or a wonderful treat during a cold, wintery weekend day. Enjoy! Very much Loon Approved!
Easy Cheesy Toasted Garlic Bread
- 1 large loaf of bread Italian or French baguette work very well - halved, lengthwise
- 2 -3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 5 1/3 tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 - 3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs such as basil or parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- On a cutting board, sprinkle the salt over the minced garlic.
- With the back of a knife, or fork, mash until it becomes paste-like.
- Add the garlic paste to the softened butter, mix until well incorporated.
- Smear the butter/garlic mixture evenly onto the 2 halved loaves.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and add the cheeses, then top with the herbs
- Bake for about another 15 minutes, until bread is lightly browned and crisp on the edges.
- Removed and let cool for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve nice and hot.