This recipe is such a wonderful dessert during the holidays…or, anytime, for that matter!
Sugar and spice and everything nice in this delicious dessert. It’s fun for the kids and the adults alike!
Flavorful gingerbread is a holiday favorite, without a doubt. Read more about the interesting history of Christmas Gingerbread Houses here! So interesting and FUN!
The batter for the cake is classic gingerbread!
So moist and flavorful.
The glorious smell of gingerbread will fill your house as this bakes in the oven.
The lemon sauce is just heavenly and it matches perfectly with the moist gingerbread cake.
And the sauce comes together very quickly on the stovetop.
This cake is the perfect holiday dessert.
Easy to make and always a real crowd-pleaser!
Kids and adults love this awesome Christmas Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Sauce!
The smell in your house is holiday magic.
The cake is moist and incredibly comforting and flavorful.
Yum! Just wait until you dig into that first warm, delicious bite! You’ll be cheering from the rooftops! But keep an eye out for passing reindeer!
Ho Ho Ho!!
And if you like the looks of this amazing holiday treat, you should check out these gems:
But in the meantime…go after this incredible Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Sauce!
Now, go and make your house smell amazing and make this awesome Christmas Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce recipe!
Christmas Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Sauce
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar light
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
FOR THE LEMON SAUCE
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with lemon sauce and sprinkle with grated lemon peel.
MAKE THE LEMON SAUCE
- Combine the sugar, butter, and cream in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes.
- If desired, thicken with a little cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of cold water...mixed)
- Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour over gingerbread cake!