This Best Chimichurri Sauce really is just that…the BEST.
The sauce that originated in Argentina is so fresh and unbelievably flavorful. And talk about beautiful, too!
Oh, don’t you just love a good sauce?
WHY THIS IS THE BEST SAUCE
Chimichurri Sauce is an uncooked sauce that is brimming with fresh taste and bold flavor. Parsley, garlic, oregeno, red bell pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil bring this sauce to life.
This sauce is the perfect compliment to grilled steak, but is also good on grilled veggies and eggs (try this in an omelette!).
So fresh and so delicious.
CHIMICHURRI SAUCE ORIGINATED IN ARGETINA
Argentina has some of the best beef in the world, so it only makes sense that they would come up with one of the best condiments on the planet to go with their world famous cuts of beef.
Want to learn a little more about the mysterious history of this wonderful sauce? Read this Brief History of Chimichurri Sauce by The Culture Trip.
I mean, just take a look this sauce and tell me you don’t want a taste.
Oh, and did we mention how incredible this is on steak?
While you’re at it, go ahead an make our amazing Ribeye Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri Sauce.
It’s out of this world. And we kid you not.
Best Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the parsley, cilantro and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, vinegar, and oil, and pulse several times.
- Taste and add more salt and/or vinegar, if desired
- Use immediately, or transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for up to 2 days. (Note: the vibrant green will diminish the longer is sits in the fridge).