Easy Pesto Sauce really is easy. And this recipe is the classic version. You can whip this up in no time at all. Double, or triple the recipe and freeze a batch or two (for up to 3 months!). I sometimes like to blanch my basil before pureeing with the other ingredients, but this method is so easy…and honestly…really, really delicious. 115% Loon Approved!
Easy Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1.75 oz pine nuts about 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp garlic minced (about 2 to 3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor, add the basil, pine nuts, and garlic and process until thoroughly chopped.
- With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Turn off the food processor.
- Add the cheese and salt and pulse the processor just until combined.
- Keeps in air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days, and freezes for up to 3 months).