Well, being born and raised in Texas, I am always a little uncertain when I hear something like “vegetarian chili” or “veggie nachos.” It just doesn’t seem right. But…I’m always playing around with recipes, and made a what turned out to be a fantastic veggie and black bean chili the other day. So, why not make nachos! All I can say is…WOW!!! These are the real deal. Now, of course, the chili is super healthy, vegan, and all that…these nachos alter that a bit…but still, they are vegetarian, and just so dang good. You’re gonna love them! Make a batch of the chili, and then indulge a bit with these nachos. Delish!!
- Heat the chili over medium heat in a medium pan..
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- On a large baking sheet, place one layer of the tortilla chips.
- Scatter about ¾ cup of the chili over the chips.
- Scatter 1 - 2 cups of the cheese over the chili.
- Add another layer of chips, then chili, then cheese.
- Place under the broiler and cook until the cheese ismelted, keep a close eye...don't let them burn...they should cook for 3 - 7 minutes, until melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then top with sliced jalapenos, fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce.