This Pureed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic is so good! And we can honestly tell you that you could serve this, and your guests would swear it’s creamy mashed potatoes.
It’s so good! Of course, you can adjust the ingredients to make it completely vegan and super low cal. For instance, use Almond Milk in place of the stock and butter. It’s very adaptable and surprisingly delicious. This is wonderful served with Honey Bourbon Baked Ham!
HOW TO MAKE PURÉED CAULIFLOWER WITH ROASTED GARLIC
This dish is really surprisingly easy to put together.
There is just a little prep work and then the rest is a snap.
How to roast garlic. That’s the easier part! Simply cut off the top of the whole head of garlic, add a little olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast in a 350°F oven for 50 minutes to an hour!
HOW TO CUT UP A HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER
It’s very similar to cutting up a head of broccoli. By the way, cauliflower is loaded with nutritional value…read more about that here.
Simply cut away the core with a nice sharp, large knife.
And then simply cut the cauliflower into smaller florets. So easy!
Now, all you need to do is steam the cauliflower.
We love using our bamboo steamer, but any method you have for steaming will work perfectly.
You can even steam them in a pot with a lid and about 1 cup of water. Steam for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
Now, purée the ingredients in a food processor.
Season with salt and pepper.
Top with butter, if desired! So delicious!
Ready to make some amazing Pureed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic? Go for it!
And when you do, be sure to take a picture, post it on Instagram, and tag @howtofeedaloon and hashtag #howtofeedaloon!
Pureed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic
- 1 head garlic cut the end off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 heads cauliflower florets chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter 4 tbsp
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- dash cayenne
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place garlic in foil and drizzle oil over the top. Wrap completely in foil and place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, steam the chopped cauliflower for about 30 minutes.
- Let cook garlic cool for a few minutes, then squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, butter, stock, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the food processor. Puree for about 45 seconds.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Add the pureed cauliflower to serving dish and garnish with a slice of butter and chopped chives.