This pureed cauliflower with roasted garlic is so good, and I am telling you, you could serve this, and your guests would swear it’s creamy mashed potatoes. It’s so good! Of course, you can adjust the ingredients to make it completely vegan and super low cal. For instance, use Almond Milk in place of the stock and butter. It’s very adaptable and surprisingly delicious. I’m happy to say this gets a big Loon Approval!
Pureed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic
- 1 head garlic cut the end off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 heads cauliflower florets chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter 4 tbsp
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- dash cayenne
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place garlic in foil and drizzle oil over the top. Wrap completely in foil and place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, steam the chopped cauliflower for about 30 minutes.
- Let cook garlic cool for a few minutes, then squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, butter, stock, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the food processor. Puree for about 45 seconds.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Add the pureed cauliflower to serving dish and garnish with a slice of butter and chopped chives.