How to Make a Drunken Pumpkin Cocktail delivers you instructions on making a ghoulishly delicious concoction that the Loon came up with in preparation for Halloween. The pumpkin-infused vodka is really pretty awesome, but allow 2 to 3 days for it to get ‘just right.’ This cocktail is yummy, but test it first before serving. And you may need to adjust measurements. It’s really good, but can pack a punch. Enjoy this Drunken Pumpkin responsibly!! BOO!!
Drunken Pumpkin Cocktail
This Drunken Pumpkin Cocktail takes a few days for it to come together, but it is ghoulishly delicious! Be careful, though, very yummy, but a tad potent. Enjoy this Drunken Pumpkin responsibly!! BOO!!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 person
FOR THE PUMPKIN PIE INFUSED VODKA
- 1 cup cooked and pureed pumpkin you can use canned, but don't use pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or, use a combo of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & allspice
- 750 ml bottle of good-quality vodka
FOR THE BROWN SUGAR SIMPLE SYRUP
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup water
FOR THE DRUNKEN PUMPKIN
- 1 oz Pumpkin-Pie Infused Vodka (recipe below) about a shot
- 1 oz dark rum about a shot
- 1/2 oz Kahlua about a shot
- 2 tbsp brown sugar simple syrup
- Top with half and half
MAKE THE PUMPKIN INFUSED VODKA
- Add the pumpkin and spices to a quart-size jar with lid.
- Pour the vodka into the jar.
- Put the lid on and shake vigorously to mix the ingredients.
- Label the jar with the date and place in the refrigerator.
- Shake the jar once a day.
- Let the vodka infuse for two days and then taste it. If it tastes good, follow the rest of the directions. If not, let it infuse checking each day. We let ours go for 3 days.
- To strain the pumpkin pie vodka, pour it through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Gently squeeze the mixture to get all the vodka out of the pumpkin.
- Discard the pumpkin and reserve the infused vodka.
MAKE THE BROWN SUGAR SIMPLE SYRUP
- Mix the brown sugar with the water in a medium pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Stir to combine and boil until thickened, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Cool before using. Store in the fridge and reserve.
MAKE THE DRUNKEN PUMPKIN
- Add all the Drunken Pumpkin ingredients (see above) to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir and strain into a rocks glass. Add ice, if desired.
- Top with a good splash of half and half.
- Enjoy (Responsibly!)
Tried this recipe? Take a Picture!Mention @HowToFeedALoon or tag #HowToFeedALoon!