This Classic BLT with Garlic Basil Aioli is so over-the-top good it probably should be outlawed. All I can say…when you can get amazing tomatoes (like fresh heirloom) at their peek…go for it. Get yourself a nice thick bacon. Go with some peppery arugla. Delicious toasted sourdough bread. And the topper-twister to end all topper-twisters…garlic basil aioli. Wow, oh wow. This classic sandwich just got brought up a few notches. Amazing. 150% Loon Approved!
Classic BLT with Garlic Basil Aioli
- 1 cup garlic basil aioli click for recipe
- 8 slices thick bacon
- 3 heirloom tomatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups baby aruglula
- 1 sourdough boule cut into eight 1/2" thick slices, toasted
- Make the garlic basil aioli. Set aside in the fridge.
- Bake the bacon in a 400 F pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes, or cook in skillet, until crisp. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate. Reserve.
- Spread the aioli on each slice of toast.
- Arrange the tomatoes and arugula on 4 of the toasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with bacon and the remaining toasts for each sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!