This post is kindly sponsored by Lee Kum Kee, but the photography, video, and opinions are 100% ours.
We know it’s a bold statement to say “Best-Ever.” But folks, just wait until you taste these wings!
We are so excited to share with you a recipe inspired by the amazing folks over at Lee Kum Kee! We’ve taken everyone’s favorite appetizer and added an incredible twist that is so delicious! And they come together in less than 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE BEST-EVER BAKED HOT WINGS
There is so much to love about these wings! First and foremost, thanks to the star ingredient: Lee Kum Kee’s Chiu Chow Chili Oil, these wings are literally exploding with flavor.
And because we get so much flavor from the chili oil, this awesome dish only requires just a few more simple ingredients, and the cooking process couldn’t be easier…or faster!
Watch us show you how to make this incredible plate of yumminess!
A QUICK PREPARATION IS ALL THAT’S NEEDED
The marinade for these Best-Ever Baked Hot Wings couldn’t be more straightforward. Just a quick toss in olive oil with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Next, it’s time to bake the wings! All we do is line a baking sheet with foil, then add a baking rack on top of that. Evenly space the wings on the rack and then cook under the broiler on low for a total of 17 minutes (flipping the wings in the last 5 minutes).
EXPERT TIP: In the poultry section of the meat department at your market, look for wings that are labeled “drummettes” and “flats or wingettes.” You don’t want a full wing that also includes the tip of the chicken wing. These types of wings are sometimes called “Party Wings.” If you can only find full wings, then you can easily cut them at home.
LEE KUM KEE DELIVERS INCREDIBLE FLAVOR
We just can’t rave enough about Lee Kum Kee. They have the most amazing must-have pantry staples that truly make it so easy for us to enjoy authentic Asian flavor and dishes, literally in minutes!
These wings are PERFECT for serving during the big game! The addition of Lee Kum Kee’s Chiu Chow Chili Oil puts these wings over-the-top. The chili oil is a savory chili sauce made from preserved chilies and prepared according to an authentic recipe from Chiu Chow, China. We told you…this is the real deal, folks!
The chiles, garlic, and soybean oil are an incredible base to these wings. The original Lee Kum Kee’s recipe calls for 1½ tablespoons of the oil, but we think it’s so good, we go with 2, sometimes 3 tablespoons! We don’t call ’em Hot Wings for nothin’!
In a large bowl, all you need is a little melted butter and some apple cider vinegar to create the incredible sauce for the hot wings.
Throw in the baked wings and toss to coat.
And the smell? Oh man, but just wait…it gets even better!
FINISHING OFF THE BAKED HOT WINGS
Once the wings have been coated in the sauce, we crank our broiler to HIGH and place them back in the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Because broilers vary from oven to oven, you’ll need to keep a close eye on the wings. The sauce should begin to caramelize and get a little charring (but not burnt!).
One more toss in the sauce and then it’s time to plate the incredible hot wings! Of course, you’ll want to drizzle any leftover sauce over the baked wings!
THE PERFECT PARTY APPETIZER
We love these Baked Hot Wings so much because they are incredibly delicious.
But thanks to Lee Kum Kee’s Chiu Chow Chili Oil, the wings are literally ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Start them in the 2nd quarter of the big game, and you’ll have them ready to serve by halftime!
Lee Kum Kee has been a leading maker of authentic Asian sauces and condiments for over a century.
We use them in so many of our favorite Asian-inspired dishes, but we also love that we can use them to elevate traditional recipes, such as these incredible wings.
We find these amazing sauces and condiments at many major supermarkets, including Safeway and Wegmans in the area.
HOW TO SERVE BEST-EVER BAKED HOT WINGS
Because these wings do pack a little heat, we recommend serving them with something that will offer a cool complement to the zing of the wing.
Freshly sliced cucumbers with a dash of salt and pepper are nice. And of course, you can never go wrong with our Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
Ready to make the best wings in town? Go for it!
And when you do, take a picture, post it on Instagram, and tag @howtofeedaloon and @LeeKumKeeUSA!
Best-Ever Baked Hot Wings
- Baking sheet lined with foil and a baking rack
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1¼ lbs chicken wings wing drumettes and flat/wing portions
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt plus a little extra for the sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing for dipping
- 3 cucumbers sliced
- Preheat broiler on LOW with an oven rack 6 inches from the heating element.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray a wire rack with the non-stick cooking spray and place on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the wings, oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the rack and place under the broiler (on low) for 12 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and use a pair of tongs to flip the wings over. Return to the oven and continue broiling on low for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil, vinegar, and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl with sauce, toss to coat.
- Turn the broiler to HIGH. Place the wings back on the rack and broil for another 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an eye on them, don't let them burn!
- Return the wings to the sauce bowl and toss once more to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle any remaining sauce over the top.
- Serve at once with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing, and sliced cucumbers sprinkled with salt and pepper.