Fried Pickles with Ranch is literally as delicious as it sounds. Even better.
You just can’t believe how yummy these little fried gems are. So easy to prepare and perfect when served along with Homemade Ranch Dressing. And they only take a matter of minutes to make!
FRIED PICKLES WITH RANCH ARE EASY TO MAKE
First, seek a one of those fabulous jars of big whole dill pickles. We love all kinds of pickles, but we feel pretty strongly that good ole standard dill pickles are best for this awesome appetizer.
For me, they take me back to carnivals and Friday night football games and the concession stand.
You can find these at most well-stocked supermarkets. Usually on the bottom shelf in the pickle section.
All that’s needed now is a cutting board and decent knife.
Simply slice the whole pickles into circles about 1/4-inch thick.
It’s so much fun making Fried Pickles with Ranch!
SET UP A SIMPLE DREDGE STATION
Now, it’s time to bread the sliced pickles.
Simply get three medium bowls or pans (we use 8″x8″ baking pans) and in the first one, add flour, the next one, buttermilk, and the next one, seasoned bread and Panko crumbs.
Dust the pickles in flour, shake off excess. Next dip into buttermilk, let excess drip off. Then add to breadcrumb mixture and gently press until pickles are fully coated.
FRIED PICKLES WITH RANCH ARE ALWAYS A CROWD PLEASER
Next, carefully drop the breaded pickles into oil that’s reached 350°F. Fry until golden! Only a few minutes.
And don’t forget to make a batch of homemade ranch for serving with these babies! The ranch dressing can be made up to several days in advance.
Also, if you like Fried Pickles, you’ll probably love our Fried Zucchini with Fresh Marinara! In the meantime, let’s fry up some pickles and have a party!
Fried Pickles With Ranch
- 4 large dill pickles sliced into about 1/8" slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine ground corn meal
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Homemade Rance
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet, or heat your deep fryer, until it reaches 350 F.
- Place the flour into a medium bowl.
- Add the buttermilk into another medium bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, corn meal and seasonings.
- First dredge the pickles in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip in the buttermilk.
- Dredge in the breadcrumb/corn meal.
- Fry the breaded pickles until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with homemade Ranch and enjoy!