Oh, how these Fried Pickles with Ranch are addictive. It’s so much fun buying the big jar of pickles, too. Totally takes me bake to Hurst Skateland as a kid, with the big ole’ bottle of dill pickles on the counter. These are so yummy, and trust me, the homemade Ranch dressing takes these babies to an entire new level. Freakin’ Flawless Fried Pickles with Ranch! Yum! Completely Loon Approved!
Hey….here’s a throwback to my childhood…loved Hurst Skateland in Hurst, TX, circa 1975!
Okay, let’s get on to the fried pickles and homemade Ranch dressing:
Fried Pickles With Ranch
- 4 large dill pickles sliced into about 1/8" slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine ground corn meal
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Homemade Rance
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet, or heat your deep fryer, until it reaches 350 F.
- Place the flour into a medium bowl.
- Add the buttermilk into another medium bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, corn meal and seasonings.
- First dredge the pickles in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip in the buttermilk.
- Dredge in the breadcrumb/corn meal.
- Fry the breaded pickles until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with homemade Ranch and enjoy!