This Cheese Steak Sandwich is my version of a Philly Cheese Steak. Yes. Good. Damn Good. One of the Loon’s all-time favorites. We are publishing this during our trip through Southern France. Naturally, Philly Cheese comes to mind!
Cheese Steak Sandwich
This cheese steak sandwich is our version of a Philly Cheese Steak. Amazing! Have your butcher shave a sirloin steak as thin as it gets. Mmmm.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1½ lbs of thinly shaved sirloin
- Onion salt (about ½ teaspoon, or to taste)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Provolone cheese, about 8 slices
- Bread, heros
- Mayo, for condiment (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet
- Cook the onion, until soft and translucent
- Add the beef. Cook, until just cooked through.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast the open hero bread under the broiler for about 45 seconds.
- Add the cheese slices.
- Pile the meat on top.
- Add a little mayo, if you like, on the bread...slip it under the meat.