This Cheese Steak Sandwich is my version of a Philly Cheese Steak. Yes. Good. Damn Good. One of the Loon’s all-time favorites. We are publishing this during our trip through Southern France. Naturally, Philly Cheese comes to mind!
Another awesome recipe to try is our Best-Ever Chili Cheese DogsIncredible Chili Cheese Dogs!
Cheese Steak Sandwich
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly shaved sirloin
- Onion salt about 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Provolone cheese about 8 slices
- Bread heros
- Mayo for condiment (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet
- Cook the onion, until soft and translucent
- Add the beef. Cook, until just cooked through.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast the open hero bread under the broiler for about 45 seconds.
- Add the cheese slices.
- Pile the meat on top.
- Add a little mayo, if you like, on the bread...slip it under the meat.