Let us tell you one thing, REAL men (and women) do eat quiche, especially when it’s this recipe.
This combination of broccoli and cheddar is classic, but add in a little fresh dill and some Dijon mustard, and you’ve got something truly special to serve. And you will be amazed at how quickly it comes together. Put it over the top by making the pie crust from scratch!
How To Make Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
As mentioned, you can make the pie dough from scratch or you can go with store-bought. You can’t go wrong with either option.
The pie dough can be blind-baked a day in advance, making the final assembly and baking a snap!
NOTE: If you liked this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. Remember to click the little ‘bell’ icon so you’ll never miss a new video! Thank you!
Layers and Layers of Amazing Flavor
For a truly rich flavor, go with heavy cream, but if you want to go with a lighter version, you could substitute half and half.
Either way, you’ll have Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche perfection.
Making the buttery, flaky pie crust from scratch is what really makes this quiche unforgettable.
Of course, you can go with a store-purchased pie crust, but going the extra distance and making your own crust will not only make you feel good, you just won’t believe the taste and texture.
It makes for a beautiful quiche and is so easy to use and clean.
Serve this at your next brunch, or gathering of friends and family, and you will be very well-liked. We just can’t rave about this incredible Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche enough!
Now, let’s make this amazing Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche recipe!
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or a 9-inch pie dish
- 1 pie dough homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
Blind (Par) Bake the Dough
- Roll the dough out into a 12-inch round and then transfer to a 9 1/2-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (or a pie pan), gently fitting the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Trim the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang and then fold the overhanging dough back over into the pan, pressing it firmly against the side; the dough should be double thick (on the sides) and rise an 1/8-inch above the pan rim.
- Pierce the dough all over with a fork.
- Line the dough with foil or parchment paper, leaving the tops of the edges exposed and then place in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Place the dough pan on a baking sheet and place pie weights or dried beans onto the foil or parchment paper.
- Bake until the dough is set and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
Prepare the Quiche
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream, Dijon, eggs, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet with the tart pan from the oven and gently remove the foil and weights/beans.
- Scatter the broccoli and cheese evenly into the pastry shell.
- Carefully pour in the egg mixture until it just reaches under the top lip of the crust. (Don't overfill the pan. If you have a little extra egg mixture left over, discard it).
- Reduce the oven temp to 350° F and bake until the filling is puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and then serve.
POST UPDATE: This recipe was originally published in November, 2017, but was updated with improved tweaks to the recipe with new tips and photography and a fabulous new video in April, 2022!